VA Educational Benefits

Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
(Chapter 31)

How to Apply

  • Veterans who wish to use their VA educational benefits for the first time should apply online at and complete VA Form 28-190 - Application for Vocational Rehabilitation for Claimants, to receive a Certificate of Eligibility.
  • If educational benefits have previously been used complete a Form 22-1995 - Change of Program or Place of Training, online at to receive a Certificate of Eligibility.
  • Submit the following items to the Rice University Office of the Registrar:
    • Certificate of Eligibility
    • Certificate of Release of Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214)
    • Official academic transcripts from previously attended colleges and/or universities
    • VA Information Sheet
    • VA Degree Plan

Students enrolled or interested in enrolling in a degree program offered through the Jones Graduate School of Business, please visit for important steps on applying to use your VA education benefit.

For more information, please visit the Veteran Readiness and Employment page on the VA website.