Veteran Education Benefits

Education Benefits for Veterans

Be sure to explore all your options for financial aid as a veteran, including federal, state, and university aid.

The Post-9/11 GI Bill®

Individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 continuous days on active duty are eligible to participate in the Post-9/11 GI Bill. The percentage of eligibility ranges from 50% - 100%. You must also be on Active Duty or a Veteran with an honorable discharge to be eligible.

Learn More >>

The Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB)

The Montgomery GI Bill can help you pay for your education or training program.

Learn More >>

Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

This service is formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment.

Disable veterans desiring to further their education under the VR&E should contact the Veterans Administration Counseling and Training Office at (713) 383-1985.

Learn More >>

Hazlewood Act

The purpose of the Hazlewood Act is to provide education benefits to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans, or to qualified dependent children. As a private education institution, Rice University does not participate in the Hazlewood Act exemptions.

For a list of Texas public institutions that accept Hazlewood Act exemptions, click here.

For more information about the Hazlewood Act, click here.